Limousine service & special cars
Castiglione delle Stiviere (MN) 46043
- Production year: 1959
- Displacement: 1489 c.c.
- Power: 68 hp
- Approved seats: n° 2
- Type of service: without driver
The MG A was the outstanding sport spyder produced by the British Motor Corporation in its MG division, from 1955 to 1962.
This car represented a substantial change of style compared to previous vehicles, the old T series. It was officially launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 1955.
The first version, the MG A 1500, had a 1489 cm³ engine that developed 68 hp (51 kW), but the power was soon increased to 72 hp (54 kW). All the wheels were fitted with hydraulic drum brakes. A coupé version was also produced.
In May 1959 was introduced an improved version of the engine, which was 1588 cm³ with 79.5 hp, thus the MGA 1600 was born, which in addition to the increased engine was equipped with front disc brakes.
Externally the car was very similar to the MGA 1500, but with some minor differences: amber or white (depended on the market), headlights with white lamps, rear lights separated by the direction indicators, as prescribed by the new highway code) and the writing 1600 in the back.
A limited series of the 1600 "De Luxe" version was then produced, with the remaining frames of the twin cam left in the meantime from production.
The MG-A was produced in over 100,000 units, almost all sold abroad, thus becoming the number one British car most exported in the world.
It was replaced after the first half of 1962 by the MG-B model.
-1 day €550
-2 days €720
-3 days €880
-extra days €150/g
• free rent of the vehicle without conductor
• mechanical assistance
• RC standard ensurance cover
• 1 day rent - delivery from 09:00 and return before 19:00 to the office; (fine €20,00 for each half hour late)
• rent for 2 or more days: delivery from 09:00 of the first day and return before 19:00 of the last day to the office; (fine €20,00 for each half hour late)-
• 150 km per day (extra km € 1,00 per km)
• fuel consumption; full on full, fine € 10.00 over the fuel consumption.
• toll, parking fees and eventual fines are in charge of customer (if not using a driver service)
• kasko insurance available, with extra cost of € 50.00 per day; insurance deductible 20% of the damage. Minimum uncovered € 400.00
• delivery and pick up offsite: € 1.00 per km (go and back) plus VAT.
• driver service € 50 per 4h
• wedding decoration with tissue bows and stripes included in the price
• wedding decoration with flowers (price depending on the request)
• minimum 23 years old
• driving license since 5 years
• credit card as guarantee (Visa and MasterCard) or cash deposit to define.